Monday, April 2, 2012

Blog replaces TJHS Newsletters

As of Spring 2012, this Blog will replace the TJHS Newsletters that have been sent out for a number of years here at TJHS.  A couple of years ago the seasonal newsletters stopped being sent home to save the cost of printing and postage. This year the newsletters have been available on the front counter for visitors to thumb through.  I wish to continue to communicate with our school community, but it will be via this blog, rather than through the traditional newsletters.  One of the things that I am passionate about is the appropriate use of technology within our school.  We have a committed group of educators who continue to look for new and promising ways to engage our students with an excellent blend of technology, such as Smartboards, iPods, iPads, etc. and more traditional educational tools, such as textbooks and paper/pencil.  As I challenge the staff to find new ways to engage students and to step "out of the box", I realize that I must do the same.  People are social.  They use facebook, tweet, and blog.  As a school, we must find ways to meet them where they are, rather than expecting them to come to us.  With that in mind, I have jumped into the deep waters of Blogger and have made public my Twitter account, @TroyJHPrincipal.  You can also view updates of the happenings at TJHS on our facebook Page.  I look forward to continuing to provide important information to our school community through this blog, twitter, and facebook.  I hope that you find a way to connect that suits your needs!

Yours in education,

Dave Dilbone